U know when you were a kid and won a game in first place and there was that little bitch who went “first is the worst second is the best” like how the fuck did that even make sense
We asked twenty strangers to kiss for the first time….
Japan’s annual Kanamara Matsuri festival, aka the “Festival of the Steel Phallus.”
(Source: Getty Images)
What the actual literal fuck
It’s a fertility festival!
Why white ppl so upset lol it’s like they don’t know their own country is a literal festival of horrors n this looks like good fun.
1. You never really figure life out.
2. The word pretty is too weak to describe you. You are intelligent, bizarre, powerful, driven, genuine, and so many other things that mean so much more than that silly word. You are a forest fire, not the flame that flickers on a candle. “She is pretty” only begins to scratch the surface of the woman you are.
3. It’s okay to cry, it’s okay to get angry, it’s okay to complain. Don’t ever let anyone tell you your problems aren’t worth hurting over. Just because there is other problems going on in the world doesn’t make yours any less powerful.
4. Keep doing good deeds; they matter. Good deeds make the world go round, even the unnoticed ones. Remember, no one thanks the sun for what it does, yet it continues to rise every morning.
5. Yes, falling in love leaves an opportunity to get hurt, but it also opens the door to many wonderful things. Do not fear love, but be wary of the people you give it too.
6. Red lipstick can really fix a broken heart.
7. You are so important. Act like it. Walk like it. Talk like it. Know it. It’s okay to treat yourself as well as you treat those around you.
8. You do not need someone to complete you. You are your own person. Do not waste your time waiting for someone to save you from the mess life is. Save yourself. Be your own hero.
9. Not everyone is good. Say that again. Not everyone you meet will be good. There are those who will cut you with the jagged pieces of their broken soul. You can not fix these people, you can only love them bravely. Remember, some people set fires only to see whom it will burn.
10. Write down your thoughts at 3 AM. Those thoughts are who you are.
11. It’s okay to be happy. Life is not a walking tragedy. Just because you are happy does not mean devastation is waiting around the corner. Happiness is simple, accept it, and when the dark clouds roll in, embrace them.
12. Do not compare yourself to others. Comparison is the root of all evil and the thief of all joy. You are an original, and comparing yourself to others is a waste of time. You are who you are for a reason, don’t belittle that reason by wanting to be someone else.
13. It is okay to be broken. Everyone is to an extent. The good thing about broken people is they know how to survive, so learn from those around you.
14. When your heart is broken, read a good book or drink a cup of tea. Heartbreak is a process and a battle all in itself. Being alone will be the scariest fear you will ever face, but once you face it, you will be stronger than you have ever been.
15. Wash your sheets twice a week and sleep in your own bed as much as you can.
16. It’s okay to miss someone that hurt you.
17. It’s okay to cut someone out of your life that hurt you.
18. Don’t use the term “best friend” so loosely. Not everyone will you pick you up at 2 AM when your car breaks down, or hold your hair back when you’re drunk. There will be few people in your life who deserve to be your best friend. I hope you choose them wisely.
19. You are luckier than you realize.
20. It will get better, it always does."
20 things I wish my mother would have told me(via brennanat)